Summer is coming in a couple of months and that means that it’s water sport season again! One of the best things you can do is try stand up paddleboarding. What is it and why do you have to try it on your next vacation?
Stand up paddle boarding, or SUP, is a kind of surfing where paddleboarders stand on their boards while paddling to propel themselves through the water. First practiced in Hawaii, this activity is definitely perfect for the beach. The good thing about SUP is that it can be done in nearly every body of water. So regardless if you are planning to have a vacation to a nearby large river or distant ocean waves, you can still try stand up paddleboarding wherever you go.
As long as you have the basic skills when it comes to standing, stroking, and turning then you are good to go. It is also important to wear the proper gear before getting started. If you are still in doubt whether you should try stand up paddleboarding this summer, keep reading to learn about its benefits:
- It is safe for everyone. Are you planning to take your entire brood out for an outdoor activity? If your family has not tried SUP then you can give it a go with them. You don’t have to worry since it is safe for people of all ages. You can even take your dog with you. Just make sure to check local laws and precautions before getting your pet out on the water.
- It is a low-cost outdoor activity. Invest in a good paddle. It is something you can use for a lifetime. If you want our recommendation about the best SUP paddles as well as proper clothing, head on over to JustPaddleboard.com. When you are new to the sport, you will be surprised with the tremendous gear and supplies needed, but once you are into it, you will soon realize that everything is worth it.
- Stand up paddle boarding lets you enjoy the scenery. SUP gives you an amazing view of the nature around you. You can even have a gander at life underwater. Looking for the best paddle board spots around the world? Aside from Hawaii itself where SUP originated, you may want to consider beaches around California, Bali, the Bahamas, and Australia.
- It is a great body workout. SUP comes with health benefits, too. It is a good form of exercise because it can improve and strengthen your core. Besides, you don’t have to be afraid about damaging your joints since it is a low impact activity. If you want to improve your overall fitness while doing something pleasurable, you should definitely try stand up paddleboarding.
- It is a stress-relieving activity. There is a new fad among paddleboarders. They are doing yoga while paddleboarding. It is known to be calming and good at helping you focus on your breathing. It can be a bit challenging to balance but with lots of practice and patience, you can certainly master it.
Most of all, it is fun! Stand up paddleboarding sounds scary especially if you have not tried it, but once you get the hang of it, you will understand why more and more people are spending their time on it. It can be tough at first, but it is also deeply rewarding.